Thursday, June 10, 2010

WIP (Work in Progress)


Here is the messy, ugly, unfashionable 'before' shoot of the quilt layout. I decided to lay it out and snap a picture so I would remember  where every piece went after I had sewed all the pieces together before doing the backing and the border. I had to hold my camera really high ( a challenge for a petite-average woman) to get everything in one click! At first, I admit I was thinking of nine-patch but realized after I sewed the strip blocks that it wasn't exactly coming out as nine-patch when I was positioning the pieces. So I came up with a more of an asymmetrical pattern that your eye can pick up on after going around for a minute or two.

I would like to point out the two 'blank' spaces in the quilt layout will be filled with white squares for a "pop". Remember, this is only a "rehearsal" before I actually finish the top. A bit of ironing and smoothing out seam allowances and repositioning before the final act!

No comments:

Post a Comment